Airport Security Screener FSD (10)
Sioux Falls, SD 57101
BOS Security is currently looking for Airport Security Screeners
Also known as Transportation Security Officers-Ideal candidates will be able to maintain focus and awareness and work within a stressful environment.
Responsibilities of the Airport Security Screeners
- Provide a variety of duties related to providing security and protection of air travelers, airports and aircraft.
- Perform both passenger screening and baggage screening in a courteous and professional manner.
- Continuously improve security screening processes and personal performance through training and development.
- Perform security screening of:
- Persons - Screening of persons which includes tasks such as: pat-down searches, and monitoring walk-through metal detector screening equipment.
- Property - Screening property of persons including the operation of x-ray machines to identify dangerous objects in baggage, cargo and on passengers; and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft.
- Control Entry and Exit Points- Insure no person or persons property enters a control point without properly being screened first.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Requirements of the Airport Security Screeners
- Able to repeatedly lift and carry up to 70 pounds
- Strong communication skills; Must be proficient in English (e.g., reading, writing, speaking, and listening)
- Maintain focus and awareness and work within a stressful environment
- Make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations
- Must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for initial employment
- United States citizen
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Pass an extensive pre-employment testing to include a computerized test, drug and medical screening, a background investigation to include a criminal check/fingerprinting and a credit check
- Hours for this position vary, must be available to work weekends and holidays
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation
Check out this great video that TSA created to introduce you to a day in the life of a Screener to learn more about it.