Unarmed Security Officers Athens Area
Athens, GA 30601
BOS Security is accepting resumes for Unarmed Security Officers in the Athens Area.
PREVIOUS SECURITY/ LAW ENFORCEMENT/ MILITARY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. Your resume MUST detail your relevant experience.
** If you do not have relevant experience and/or if you fail to upload a resume detailing your experience, you will not be considered for this opening.**
- Trained and qualified to work assigned post. Understands the specific and general post instructions for that assigned post. Has practical knowledge of all additional and emergency post instructions that are called for by the client.
- Patrols buildings and grounds on foot
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and apprehends or expels persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Inspects equipment and machinery to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
- Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of client property.
- Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Permits authorized persons to enter property.
- Registers at watch stations to record time of inspection trips.
- Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use of supervisory staff.
- Regulates vehicle and pedestrian traffic at access points to maintain orderly flow.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one (1) year related experience and/or training.
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Position requires extensive walking over uneven terrain in varying light conditions and standing for long periods.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening test and a background check; This position is subject to random drug testing